Your body will tell you when it is in toxin overload, and it may be aging you.
The truth is, we live in a toxic, chemical abundant world. 90,000 chemicals registered in the U.S.A to be exact. Unfortunately we cannot hide from many of the toxins that are present in our environment, but we can control what we expose ourselves to in our own house hold.
There are many symptoms of toxin overload including:
- hormonal fluctuations
- nervous system issues
- blemishes, wrinkles and dull skin
- cancer, diabetes, liver disease
This makes toxin overload a contributor to many common diseases.
The more exposure to toxins in our environment, the quicker our genetic material is breaking down. When genes are "broken down" and "damaged" they begin to malfunction and age which leads to many of the diseases and symptoms mentioned above.
By approaching this problem in a holistic way, we must ensure we allow our bodies:
- proper nutrition
- enough sleep
- low stress
- less exposure to toxic chemicals.
As it is not absolutely possible to turn back time and reverse our natural process of aging, it is possible to slow it and age in a more positive way. Here are my 3 beauty tips for aging skin.
1. As always, drink plenty of water. I will never stop saying this as it is absolutely crucial. You may attach yourself to any "fad" or hot ingredient on the market, but if you are not drinking enough water, your skin will not be healthy from the inside out, which is what is going to benefit you as you age. Avoiding excessive amounts of coffee and sugary drinks is also key. Try adding a lemon, cucumber or fruit in your water instead for flavour.
2. Avoid toxins in your skin care and makeup products. As you know, 60% of what you apply to your skin is absorbed. Which means you wouldn't remove your makeup with windex and moisturize with mechanical lubricant would you? Well, unfortunately many conventional products on the market contain similar ingredients to those you clean and work with.
3. Take and apply your vitamins. Ensure you are exposing yourself to about 20 minutes of unprotected sunlight per day. If this is not possible, supplement with Vitamin D. Some other detoxifying supplements include Cod liver oil, probiotics, spirulina & chlorella
Applying vitamins such as Vitamin C to this skin may help reduce external toxin damage and sun damage.
Remember. Our bodies are capable of self detoxification, but we must reduce and cut out our exposure to toxins in our:
- habits (smoking)
- cosmetics & personal care products
- household cleaners
- paints & textiles
- drinking water
- cell phone use ( EMF exposure)
Choose the holistic path and detoxify this January by lowering your exposure to toxins and assist your bodies natural detoxification abilities with healthy foods, stress free activities and sleep!
Happy New Year
WANT MORE NATURAL BEAUTY EDUCATION ARTICLES?
get them straight to your inbox, plus my top 20 ingredients to avoid PDF