I am guilty as charged when it comes to bad hair removal habits. Purchasing and discarding disposable razors (for years), spending $60 to have my legs waxed at the spa and even the horrific "VEET" hair removal system (if that product is disintagrating my hair, what is it doing to my skin???)
The fact is, I was sick of spending money on hair removal, tired of irritating products and worried about the chemicals and toxins on my skin. If this sounds like you, be excited about what I am about to tell you.
I present sugaring:
Sugaring is the oldest forms of hair removal, in fact, sugaring is basically like making candy then smearing it onto your legs and pulling it off to remove your unwanted hair. Warning, please eat the "sugar" before you rip...not after!
Safe, Cheap and Easy...Here is how you do it:
- Mix the 3 ingredients together in a bowl.
- Microwave for 30 seconds, stir.
- Continue to Microwave in intervals of 15 seconds, continuing to stir. Do this until the sugar becomes a beautiful amber colour.
- If you do not have waxing strips at home, find an old pair of jeans. Sugaring works best with denim strips.
- Let the sugar cool enough to apply to the skin.
- Start removing hair! Spread the hot sugar down your leg like traditional wax. apply a strip onto the was and rub down. When you are putting the strip make sure to pull up, against the hair growth.
- Voila! Hair is gone.
Since sugaring is completely edible,and only 3 ingredients it is very easy to clean, all you need is warm water.
Happy Hair Removal!
Want more recipes and DIY projects?
get them straight to your inbox, plus my top 5 DIY Beauty Products PDF